Friday, April 19, 2013

Grieving!

A very dear friend and father of my sister-in-law Randy Woodell passed away suddenly on Tuesday morning while on vacation in San Francisco. His dear wife Gail was here with him. Richard was able to go and be with her until her two kids arrived in San Francisco. We were grateful to have the opportunity to be part of their lives and grieve the loss of a wonderful, deep, thoughtful, and caring man, Husband, Father, and Grandfather. I can't imagine the depth of loss my sister (in-law) must be feeling, and am at a loss of words. Please pray for the wife, children and grandchildren.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”
Hebrews 13:5b
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Matthew 5:4
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
Romans 8:11
"If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you"
Revelation 21:4
“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Matthew 11:28
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heart,and my portion for ever.
Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
     he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
     He guides me in paths of righteousness
     for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
     through the valley of the shadow of death,
     I will fear no evil,
     for you are with me;
     your rod and your staff,
     they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
     in the presence of my enemies.
     You anoint my head with oil;
     my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
     all the days of my life,
     and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
John 14:1-2
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
“Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Resting in Him
I do not understand, dear Lord,
         Why this has come, nor see
Why days are dark and night so long,
         And clouds o’ershadow me.
Dost thou not understand, My child,
         Why clouds o’ercast the sky?
That without rain no rainbow bright
         Could be, and flowers would die?
So in thy life, My precious one,
         Shall I send only sun
To wither, scorch what dormant lies;
         And little raindrops shun?
Come lay thy weary head and rest
         Upon my breast—nor pine.
This is from Me; I know what’s best
         Thy beauty to refine.
Just trust Me when the paths unknown
         I lead—perchance with pain.
Lean hard, My child, take thou My hand;
         Someday I’ll make it plain.
There may be mountains rough and steep,
         There may be valleys lone,
There may be jagged rocks or thorns,
         But thou art ne’er alone.
For I’ll go with thee every step;
         Thy grief and pain I’ll share.
So lean the harder, child of Mine,
         I’ve placed the burden there.
Dear Lord, I may not understand
         The way Thou leadest me;
Suffice to know that Thou, O God,
         Thy path ahead doeth see.
         -- Carnell K. Wilmoth

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post, you really share interesting post, I always look for this kind of info. Thanks for sharing. . .
    office relocation in Cochin.

    ReplyDelete